Humane Society Naples is teaming up with Hill’s Pet Nutrition, NBC2 News, Telemundo Ft. Myers-Naples and Edison
Humane Society Naples is teaming up with Hill’s Pet Nutrition, NBC2 News, Telemundo Ft. Myers-Naples and Edison National Bank along with 1,200 shelters across the country for Clear the Shelters, a nationwide pet adoption drive on Saturday, August 17th to help find loving homes for animals in need.
Since 2015, #ClearTheShelters has resulted in more than 250,000 adoptions. To read more about how Hill’s is transforming lives, click here.
Things you should know about this adoption event:
Note: Friday, August 16th – Our main shelter will be closed to prepare for the event.
• Please be patient and arrive early! We anticipate a lot of people looking for their furever pet during this event, so you may experience wait times. We ask that you use the animals as inspiration — they’ve been patiently waiting for YOU! During your wait time, we will have an area with activities including games, food and fun. Be patient with our staff, volunteers and other adopters as we work to make sure everyone finds their new furry family member and has a great adoption experience. Animals shelters cannot control their “furry inventory”, as we are in the business of saving the animals who need us.
• Pets are adopted on a first come, first served basis and no holds are permitted.
• There will be complimentary valet parking for all guests.
• Give some thought to the type of pet you’re hoping to adopt. A couch potato? A cat that likes to snuggle? A floppy-eared bunny? A running buddy? Knowing the type of personality, you’re looking for before you arrive will help you make the most of your Clear the Shelters experience. You are more than welcome to come visit our pets in advance of the event — just know that they may be adopted before Saturday!
• Make sure you have everything and everyone with you. In order to adopt, you must be at least 18 years old and provide a valid photo ID. We also encourage you to bring along other humans in your household that will interact with your new best furry friend on a regular basis. Most animals go home the same day with only a few exceptions. Please be prepared to take your pet home the same day.
• Please leave your furry family members at home. It’s not because we don’t love them — we promise. Due to the additional traffic on Saturday, we are unable to accommodate your pet during the Clear the Shelters event. All adopters will be provided with step-by-step instructions on how to properly introduce your new pet(s) to your resident pet(s) and our Animal Care Team is always here to help if you have questions.
• It’s SWFL — so please plan accordingly! Many of our meet and greet areas for dogs and waiting areas for the event are outdoors, so wear sunscreen and bring hats to protect against the sun’s rays (or rain). Wawa will be providing bottled water to help you stay hydrated!
A few of our dogs may require a meet and greet with our behaviorist if you have another pet at home. If our team determines you are a good fit and we need you to bring in your companion, we will make arrangements on a case-by-case basis for dog introduction.
Your waived adoption fees include the following:
• Adoption fees range from $20 – $275 and have been reduced to $0 on all animals for one day only! Waived adoption fees include spay or neuter, a microchip, county license and all age-appropriate vaccines. All animals must leave our campus with a leash and collar or in a carrier. If you do not have your own, a leash, collar and/or carrier will be provided at no cost.
• Waived adoption fees aren’t a bad thing. As fellow animal lovers, we absolutely share your concern for ensuring all adopted pets find their loving furever homes! Each participating shelter completes the same adoption process as they would any other day — the only difference is we have recruited sponsors to cover the adoption fees. We are as thorough as possible when completing adoptions to ensure that each pet is going into a safe home. Our goal with these events is to encourage pet owners to choose adoption first and provides an opportunity for the public to visit shelters and rescues that they may not have previously.
Ready to adopt? Check out our available pets! Please visit hsnaples.org/adopt.
Food & Beverage Sponsor
Can’t adopt? Consider a donation to help the orphaned pets in our care waiting for their furever homes.
(Saturday) 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Humane Society Naples
370 Airport-Pulling Rd N