Humane Society Naples continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak. Our leadership team met to discuss any and every way to safely and responsibly remain open to the public. The decision was made to limit HSN adoption, boarding and clinic operations until further notice.
This was a difficult decision to make. We know there are so many animals in need in our community, including those we already have in our shelters. We will continue to provide the same level of care and support for our shelter animals as always. And you can still help us do that.
HSN MAIN SHELTER:
- At this time, the shelter will only be open to those looking to adopt after having made an appointment to do so. Visit hsnaples.org to schedule an adoption appointment. At your scheduled time, you will be paired with an animal care team member who can walk you through the adoption process. There will be limited appointments available daily.
- All other services such as Rescue Recess, New Adopter Workshops, Tale for a Tail and Behavior Workshops will be suspended at this time.
- If you can’t adopt, consider fostering one of our shelter animals until we are ready to reopen. Every animal we get out of the shelter is space for an animal who might need to be surrendered to us. Without adoptions and fostering, we can’t take in more animals in need. To get information on fostering, please email email@example.com.
- Please consider donating to our organization at hsnaples.org/donate. We need your support now more than ever. Our clinic and boarding operations provide valuable revenue to the organization that we are going to lose during this closure.
VON ARX ADOPTION CENTER:
- Our satellite shelter in Greentree Center will be CLOSED until further notice as an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
CURRENT CLINIC PATIENTS:
- If you are a current clinic patient who is scheduled for an appointment this week, we will see you as planned but with some restrictions. Please look for an email explaining the changes in protocol.
- If your appointment is scheduled for 3/23 or later, we will be reaching out to you to confirm or reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
OAKES BOARDING CLIENTS:
- If you are a boarding client, we ask you please schedule a time to pick up your pet from us as soon as possible. For those clients who are out of the area, please know we will continue to take great care of your pet until you or your designee can come for them. We will not be taking in additional animals for boarding at this time.