Why HSN Training?
Behavior & Obedience
Our obedience program teaches you how to train your dog using positive training methods, that is scientifically proven to work for the young, old, in between, previously trained or those that are just starting out. We will cover sit, down, stay, loose leash walking, the heel position, as well as the recall. If your pup just needs a few manners, or if you want to go all the way through to get your canine companion off leash, we can teach you how and help you and man’s best friend develop a deeper relationship.
Our Shelter Behaviorist is here to ensure that your pet is a life-long member of your family. Develop a better relationship between you and your dog through Humane Society Naples’ behavior training classes.
At HSN, we believe that keeping pets in their loving homes is important. These training classes are constructed to teach both owner and dog to work together while strengthening their bond through education, communication and positive reinforcement.
HSN offers classes ranging from basic puppy manners to advanced beyond basics during private classes for one-on-one attention. Please contact our Behaviorist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-643-1555 x 33 for additional information.
Did You Know?
HSN offers a New Adopter Workshop to anyone that adopts a puppy or dog from our shelter! Check out our events calendar to view and sign up for upcoming workshops.
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Class
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Class is designed to get puppies and their owners off to a great start. AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy requires that owners attend this 6-week basic training course with their puppies. All dogs need the necessary components of the program including Socialization, Training, Activity, and a Responsible owner.
6 week course, 50 minutes/class ….. $150
Next AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Class Course:
Saturdays, Oct. 3-Nov. 7, 10am
Maximum class size
- 5 dog/handler pairings (per COVID-19 guidelines, only one handler per dog is allowed, handler must remain the same throughout the 6-week course)
- No minimum age requirement for the class, but puppies must show proof of their complete puppy vaccine series
- Maximum age for class is 1 year at the time of graduation
- Providing socialization to puppies
- Providing basic training to puppies
- Teaching owners about the appropriate amount of exercise (or activity) for their puppies
- Teaching owners how to be responsible dog owners
Expectations and Goals
- Class attendance is expected for all 6-weeks. Full class make-up sessions are not offered. The student and instructor(s) can meet prior to class or after class to cover any material missed in the class due to absence.
- If a student misses more than one class, then they can still graduate puppy class but will not earn the AKC Star Puppy designation.
- Owner Provided:
- Well-fitting harness or collar
- 6-foot standard leash (no flexi-leads)
- Veterinarian records (provide a copy during the 1st week of class)
- 100-125 bite sized training treats
- Dog waste bags
Basic Obedience lays the foundations for learning method and gives you and your dog the skills you need to work in a world full of distractions. Your dog will learn sit, down, stay, loose leash walking, the heel position, recall and some very important environmental cues. You will get one on one attention from your instructor on how to teach your dog all of these basic abilities.
6 week course, 1 hour a week….. $150
Next round of Basic Obedience Classes:
DATES COMING SOON!
Intermediate Obedience builds on the foundation that your pup has already learned in basic obedience. We will give you the confidence and skills to add distance, distraction and duration to your foundation. You will also get the “place” command to your already amazing repertoire.
6 week course, 1 hour a week….. $140
Advanced Obedience hones your handling skills, improves on distance distraction and duration, and adds the “leave it” command. You and your dog are well on your way to an off leash life with the skill set given by advanced obedience. We will continue to build on our foundations with long lines to get you to the off leash freedom every dog and owner longs for.
6 week course, 1 hour a week….. $130
Additional Dog Training Services
Private Training Sessions
In-Home Private Training Sessions brings a trainer out to your home to work on the specific issues you’re having with your dog.
- 1 hour – $150
In-Shelter Private Training Session gets you one on one time with our trainer to work on whatever issues you are having with your canine companion.
- 1 hour – $100